Friday, October 28, 2011

A week of Halloween

Just when you thought, hmmm, maybe she won't post any recipes for this holiday. You were wrong. Today we made our rendition of the "Grave Yard Cake"



I actually baked this on a sponge cake pan, so it took 1 1/2 cake mixes. I used the rest to make cupcakes. When it was done I melted a 1/2 can of icing and smeared across. For the dirt I used 6 crushed up oreos and the middles of the oreos become the grinning pumpkins. They candy corn made a fence and the chocolate twizzlers are the trees. For the tombstones I iced graham crackers and then decorated them. Finished off with a few marshmallows ghosts and of course some creepy worms.

***note*** those chocolate twizzlers are wonderful...

_______________________________________________________________

I have given you five different things to do at Halloween. The most important thing is to enjoy it all. Enjoy all the moments!.
So get out there, make a cake, cut a pumpkin, watch a scary movie, make decorations...Just take a long walk among the fall leaves..
Much love and thoughts to you all..

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment