Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall - Jump in those leaves

I am excited that this is my new blog, I have so many ideas that I have to sort them out. I want to share it all.
Fall is one of my favorite seasons and I try to make it all special for my family. I make it a point to rake those leaves, so they can jump right in. So take time and be sure to get out and enjoy all this cool weather and the changing colors. Fall is such a good time for kid and the "young at heart". The colors of the leaves are just so beautiful.
Pile those leaves up and jump right in.
One of my all time favorite things when I was smaller was how my mother would make sure that we didn’t miss a holiday.
Columbus Day, I remember was a banana with a sail stuck in it, our own little boats. Funny how those smallest of memories stick with you forever. I truly believe the memories of the good times are what gets you through the rough one.
Another cool thing my mom would do with us would be collecting those beautiful leaves and when we had a bounty full, she would show us how to make something beautiful.


Leaves Placemat / or Window Sun Catcher
Stuff you will need:
Waxed paper
Leaves
Iron
To do:
Lay out a sheet of waxed paper on your ironing board.
Let the kids (or just yourself, to make something pretty) lay the leaves on the waxed paper leaving atleast an inch around the boarded and space around each leaf.
Lay another sheet of waxed paper the same size on top.
Iron the two sheets together. They will melt together. (watch the paper is hot when you are finished)
Let cool and then cut into a placemat size or in a shape to hang from the window.
You can enjoy the beauty inside. They also make nice placemats for Thanksgiving.
_________________________________________________________________
I hope you atleast give it a try, you may find out that you can make even prettier things.
I wasn't sure I was going to post any recipes on this blog but you know what. TeeHee..My family does like to eat. My kids like to eat.
Recipe of the Week
One of my favorite go to meal with all the children that have been in my home is my "Macaroni and Cheese- with Hot Dogs. Not a fancy meal. Yes, from the box. Also cuts down on waste, if you have a few hot dogs left over you can use those in it. I usually had so many that I would have to cut up a whole package to put in it.

Macaroni Cheese - Hot Dogs

Ingredients:

a box of mac and cheese (it can be generic)

2 hot dogs per person

Instructions:

Poor macaroni in the boil water.

Cut up hotdogs and throw them in the water also.

When pasta is tender, drain water into another bowl. Add the sauce mix and pour back in a bit of the water, I leave out the butter and just add back in some of the water,seems to make it creamier.

_________________________________________________________
Tip of the Week

Take a walk, take a day to enjoy all that fall has to offer. To keep from paying those outrageous prices at the parks, zoos and such for food, I have a favorite tip from my oldest sister.

Take your hot dogs and boil them to a hard boil, pour them into a thermos, water and all. Take along some buns, ketchup and mustard and in a few hours, you will have warm hotdogs to enjoy on a chilly day.

Throw in some chips, a few drinks and you have a meal for the bunch you are hanging with.

_____________________________________

Enjoy, and we will get together again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment