Thursday, October 6, 2011

October - Fall

The start of something new, this is the beginning of a new blog. I am hoping that you will find it as entertaining and informative as my first one. I am actually coming to a time in my life, where I want to share all the fun stuff I have accumulated over the years. I assure you I have accumulated alot. Writing it all down is a great way to share, and to empty out years of stuff.

My family is from WV. I was raised in a very loving family. I really credit all my patience with children from growing up. My mother was always so kind, with us and with everyone else. Mom, is one of the original stay at home moms, she juggled it all the whole time we were growing up. She sacrificed so that we always had what we needed. She is an inspiration to all that I do. I strive to be a good cook, she is a great one. She taught me how to love and care about people. I love being around children, I am full of fun ideas, simple ideas to keep those small minds learning.
My father gave me the courage to be who I am, to be original, to strike out and do important things. I thank them for everything they instilled in me.

Growing up in my home, when October would roll around, we would start getting out the fall decorations and of course the Halloween stuff. My mom would always make our house "kid friendly" My favorite memories of growing up in my house, was how she would get her paints out. She is such a great artist. She would get the orange, green, and yellow paint out. I knew at that moment, it was fall. She would proceed to paint a giant jack-o'-lantern (halloween pumpkin) on the front door. The big toothy grinning pumpkin. That was such a great tradition that I also do them every year. I have now taught my daughter how to carry on.

Please my friends, this is a very easy and really great way to share the holidays. It makes memories that last forever.
So take a minute, get the paint and get busy.

1 comment: