Thursday, October 27, 2011

This and That ...tips to share

Wanted to share a tip with you..

In my home, the littlest one is always wanting chicken nuggets, and I always try to keep some on hand. It is way easier to make them, than run out to the MacDonald's or a closer fast food. The cost is alot less. The littlest likes them all from Walmart cost-cutter to Tyson's. My older kids love only the Tyson's. Now don't get me wrong they would really like the fresh home-made ones and I do make them quite often.

One of my tips, for portions and quick to make nuggets. Make a tray of chicken nuggets. Hmmm for just the baby I make 6 to eat and 6 nuggets per pkg to put in the fridge. I always keep those snack baggies handy. When cooled just pop in 6 per bag and store in fridge. They heat up by just opening the bag and nuke for one minute. Mine actually eat them cold. I like them for when we are having something the baby can't eat real well and heat them up for him and serve what sides we are having.
Satisfies everyone. Saves on the panic for what to make for dinner.



These little baggies are the best. For the snacks I do the same thing. I do not do crackers, or chips in them, I find they get stale too fast. I keep those in a large container and keep 1 cup bowls around.

I just love the bread store, got these donuts for $1.00 and made enough snacks for on the go.



These also freeze real well. I take out of the freezer as needed. So all those grubby hands don't eat then in a day..

So bag some up.. and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment