Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Magnetic Board (made from an oil drip pan)



This is a really neat idea.

I wanted to share it with you. I was inspired from http://morethanabcand123.blogspot.com/search/label/GIANT%20magnet%20board
shes got a giant one. Makes me want to expand and find more uses for it.

I did not create this great little idea. I sure did find it really a fun thing, we have messed with it every day that we put it up.

It is really fun for the kids. Gave me a place to really let the magnets hang, cause after awhile the fridge gets a little overwhelmed. Then if someone is in a real mood and slams the door, shewwww there go the magnets.

All you do is go to a auto parts store, or walmart and get an oil drip pan. They run about 10 dollars.
They are very greasy feeling, so before you do anything, wipe them down. Took me a few clorox wipes and we were good.

Hang where you would like and we use screws with a washer head on them, just in case someone got rough and try to knock it off. Around here they run like elephants up and down the hall.. Install and get busy. Our magnets were the generic alphabets ones. (actually a goodwill find.. thanks to who ever couldn't stand picking them up any more..lol) and the dinos we got are the melissa and doug ones. I think they were only 9 dollars on amazon.

So I discovered the new thing Pinterest. I kinda only look at stuff for kids, recyclables (seems like I generate alot of garbage..lol)

You could also use it for all kinds of stuff besides kids. Maybe a note board in the kitchen. You can use the old flat magnets from business and glue and cut out other things and make whole new magnets.Well gotta roll outie here.. on to cleaning up the kitchen. We made chocolate pancakes today...

Have a wonderful day.. get out there and play a little.. it is good for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment