Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Santa Handprint Paint Magnet


I think I am kinda stuck on the hand print gifts. Naw... They do make very good ways to share your growing children with the ones you love.

This one is very easy, but kinda messy. Also when I start a craft with everyone, you have to remember that you are only one person, and if you have multiples making this you need to keep the ones who are next in line for personal assistance, entertained. I usually lay news paper all over table and then start the crafts, as we complete them, I hand out extra paper to do a little imagination art work. I always keep finger paint on hand. A piece of paper a few squirts of paint and off they go.

This gives me time to cut out the finished product and put a magnet and names on it.

For this you need red and white paint. A black smartie marker.

Paint the fingers white, the thumb white , the top of your hand red and leave the middle of your hand clean.
For example:



Next take a piece of any color paper you like, we used a red here for the example, my son is my  model. Press the hand down onto the paper.



Pull up hand and let dry. (take paper away so kids won't continue to art work on it)


Take a Smartie marker and trace around hat, and make a face.




I cut mine around it to make it small enough to put on refrigerator. I glued magnet on and let dry.

This was a really cute craft and makes a great memory thing to put up for years to come.

Here's a picture of what was going on, while the hands were drying...

No comments:

Post a Comment