Friday, November 11, 2011

The Corn Dog Maker





I just have to share with you, one of my new favorite kitchen gadgets.

The Corn Dog Maker.

I know, you are probably like me and flip through those magazines and look at all the neat kitchen gadgets, the popcorn machine, the cotton candy, and on and on. Well I decided to try out the Corn Dog Maker. One because my littlest eats a corn dog every morning for breakfast. Before anyone says that is not a very well rounded breakfast, this is always in addition to his other stuff, eggs, sausage and other such breakfast foods.

I am going to post this also on my other blog, because it can be so handy for anyone. I like it for the kids because it was quick, and very hand size friendly.

Here is how I use it.

For Corn Dogs
(this makes almost the whole pkg of dogs, depends on how much you put in the wells)

1 box of Jiff corn bread mix (prepare like on box)
hot dogs cut in half
Popsicle sticks
non- stick spray.

Instructions:

Cut dogs in half and poke (I put it all the way in) with the sticks

Spray the cooker well. (you must do this each time)

Pour in 1 tablespoon of mix in well, press dog into it (with handle sticking out)

Pour about a teaspoon (or until you cover it) over the dog.

Close Machine  ( I wait until the light goes on and off twice)

When cooked lift each out and let cool. They are very hot.





*I found that even wrapping them in a refrigerator biscuit and doing them was just as good.
*Also if you are talented enough you could cut small candy bars and do them in a batter.
* I am trying to freeze a few and see if they heat back up well, will get back to you when I do. This would considerably knock off what I pay for the individually frozen ones.

I think it is a great idea to play around with.  I am thinking of using it on Christmas Eve to make warm treats.

*OOOO.. what about a chocolate cake batter then a bit of filling and more cake batter on top. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment